Mobility - Call it what you will, but it refuses to be defined.
Make your location invisible and irrelevant to the people who need to do business with you. Get your work done conveniently and efficiently, wherever you may be. Mobility Solutions allow you the freedom to do your job anywhere you need to do it.
General Communications can integrate mobility solutions into ANY existing PBX system, and our software is compatible with a wide range of mobile devices including iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, etc. In addition to your workforce being able to communicate on the device of their choice, a full suite of features of mobile unified communications tools are available, as if you were at your desk.
The Mobility software leverages voice over Wi-Fi networks and 3G/4G before trying cellular coverage. This works from any location- your office, your home, or any public hotspots. This cuts down on costs by reducing the use of international roaming costs, long distance costs, and avoids poor in-building coverage by offloading cellular minutes onto Wi-Fi networks.
Our Mobility Solution enables businesses of all sizes to integrate their employees favorite smartphones securely, simply and cost-effectively, with existing enterprise communication, applications and infrastructure. From any location (office, home, hotspots), and on any network (voice over Wi-Fi, voice over 3G/4G, or cellular), they can access a full suite of mobile unified communications tools as if at their desk phone. By leveraging the enterprise WLAN, coverage can be extended for multiple operators with a single infrastructure while providing higher quality voice. The solution also extends coverage to home and public Wi-Fi securely through an industry-first SSL-based connection.
Easily integrate Mobility with a variety of PBX and UC systems, including those from ShoreTel, Toshiba, Tadiran, Allworx, Cisco, Avaya, and Microsoft, among others. Compatibility extends to a wide range of smartphones including iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, etc.
The Mobility Solution reduces costs by automatically selecting the most cost-effective method of routing calls: voice over Wi-Fi, voice over 3G/4G, or cellular. This slashes international roaming and long distance costs, and, when calls are made from within an enterprise, offloads cellular minutes onto the Wi-Fi network. Reducing cellular usage overall enables you to move employees onto lower-tier- and less costly - calling plans.
With the power of the desk phone in their pockets, mobile workers are easy to reach, quick to respond, and up-to-date. Improved connectivity and full-featured mobile UC virtually eliminates phone tag. It ensures access to presence and calendar information, so your mobile workforce can prioritize calls in real time boosting productivity and supporting business success.
Our Mobility Solutions have features that include:
- Cell phone linking to desk extensions
- Low-cost in-building voice coverage leveraging the enterprise WLAN
- Reduced cellular charges costs through elimination of international roaming and direct dial charges on mobile devices
- Improved enterprise visibility and control over cellular usage
- Easy Integration with existing UC infrastructure and applications
• Reduce enterprise telecom
• Secure enterprise communications for mobile workers
• Enable IT to control enterprise mobile communications while allowing personal
• Create a more responsive and accessible workforce
• Simplify deployment and management
Only 2 Required Components for easy integration to any existing PBX system:
- Mobility Router: Includes PBX and UC Integration, Security Integration, App
Layer Security, Policy Management, Reporting/Trending
- Client App: Includes Integrated Handset, Desk phone Capabilities, Integrated
Security, Allows for Business & Personal Calls, Compatible with almost all devices
including iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile 6, etc.
- Mid Call: Extension dialing, Transfer, Hold, Enterprise Conference, Do Not Disturb
- UC/Presence: Transfer/Retrieve from desk, Simultaneous ring, single voicemail
- Business Dial (dial via office): Outgoing calls display desk caller ID, incoming
calls route to enterprise voicemail
- Personal Dial: Outgoing calls display cell phone ID, incoming calls route to cell
- VoIP over Wi-Fi, VoIP over 3g/4g
- Automatic Handover (no dropped calls)
- Corporate Directory Access
- Leverages Wi-Fi for coverage and cost
- Audio engine optimized for lossy networks
- Automatic network selection (no manual intervention required)
- Secure communications (more info on pg. 9)
- NO VPN required
- Power & battery optimized
- Centralized Reporting for telecom expense management (cost verification,
trending of cellular, VoIP over Wi-Fi, VoIP over cellular data, top users)
- Centralized Upgrades for low TCO - consistent software (features, operations,
UI) across all devices, major and maintenance releases cover all devices, over the
air- automatic upgrades to smart phones
Please contact our Sales Department for further information: (781) 756-5100